You want to remove a credit note which has been applied to an invoice.
You understand basic financial principles.
You know how to apply a credit note to an invoice.
- If you are a Xero user you know how to do this in Xero.
How to remove an applied credit note
A credit note is a record of an amount which you owe the customer.
Note: This process will not delete the credit note. It will only delete the connection of the credit note with the invoice you have applied it to.
- Navigate to the 'Money Tab'.
- Select 'Credit Notes'.
- Select the plus tab +, then click Applied to invoice.
- Move down to the Credit Note, and click the cog on the far right of the row.
- Select "DELETE".
- You will be asked if you want to un-apply the Credit Note. Select Yes.
Congratulations! You now know how to un-apply a credit note from an invoice.