Xero Setup - Introduction
Before connecting to Xero make sure you know how the to use Xero correctly.
Before connecting Enrolmy to Xero it's important to complete the following two things:
1. Know your Xero like the back of your hand
Engage with your accountant to ensure your Xero account is set up correctly. Make sure you have a clear understanding of the following things
- Your Chart Accounts
- Which Chart of Account codes your income is going to.
- The roles of the following
- Credit Notes
- How to reconcile Payments against Invoices in Xero.
- How to apply Credit Notes against Invoices in Xero
- How to create Overpayments from the reconciliation page in Xero
- How to apply Overpayments against Invoices in Xero
If you need more support with administrating Xero please check the Xero Help Centre found at https://help.xero.com/nz/
Once you have a clear understanding of your Xero account you can then begin connecting Xero with Enrolmy.
The lack of a clear understanding around your accounting processes can create a world of financial admin problems.
Please ensure the following if you are going to be using it.
- You are proficient in Xero.
- You know how your business financial processes work.