You want to use Enrolmy to manage your Before and After School Care Programme
You have an existing Before and After School Care Programme
- You have well-articulated processes for managing your Before and After School Care Programme
- You understand basic accounting principles
How to set up your Before and After School Care on Enrolmy
Hello! Please use the links below to jump to the section you need assistance with, or scroll through and follow the instructions for your activity setup.
|Create a New Before and After School Care|
Here's how to create your first Before and After School Care programme with Enrolmy. You can then use this as a base template for future programmes.
Now let’s get your programme set up!
Step 1 - Create a new activity
- Go to the Activities tab in the top navigation bar
- In the top right-hand corner under the blue border, select the Create an Activity button
- Go to the first option - Before and After School Care, and click the orange Select button
- Click the orange Let's Go button at the bottom of the page.
Step 2 - Fill in the general activity details
- Choose your venue from the second drop-down menu.
- If your venue is not there, click the Create new venue button to the right.
- This will take you to another page, where you will fill in the details of your venue.
- Once you save this venue, it will appear in the Choose your venue drop-down menu.
- Select the staff who will be at the activity from the next drop-down menu.
- Select your type of attendees:
- Children (their parents will make the bookings) OR
- Adults/young adults (will make bookings themselves)
Step 3 - Activity name and age range
Fill in your activity name
Select the age range of your attendees from the drop-down menu.
- If you want to set a different age range you can do so by typing the From age and To age into the boxes provided to the right.
- You will by default have a flexible starting age. This means that children who will become the starting age four months after the activity starts will be allowed to enroll in your activity.
- To be strict about the starting age (children cannot enroll if they are not yet the starting age), select the Strict starting age option.
- If you would like to base this on school year level rather than age, select the Specify by school year box.
Step 4 - Activity location guidance
- If your location may be difficult to navigate to, you will need to provide your customers with directions.
- Click on Show Advanced Options
- Type in the directions for your customers to follow to arrive at the exact location of the activity.
Step 5 - Activity Description
- This is the description of your programme that your customers will see if they click on your activity.
- You want to use this as a marketing tool to attract customers.
- In the first text box, write a concise summary of your activity. This will be displayed in customers' search results.
- In the bigger text box underneath, write a more detailed description of your activity. This will be seen on your activity page when a customer clicks on your activity.
Step 6 - Extra Information
In the What to bring section, list items that you want your attendees to bring.
- E.g. Water bottle, food, goggles, togs, etc
- You can write more than one item in one bar
- You can write in full sentences
To add another item, click the Add another item button
- You can have up to 5 bullet points here
Click Show Advanced Options
Write what your attendees need to wear to your activity
- Shoes, sunhat, jacket, etc.
- You can have a maximum of three bullet points here
In the Highlights section, write down the selling points of your programme.
- You can have up to three points for your highlights
If you wish to delete an item from one of the lists, simply click the trashcan button on the right-hand side of the bar.
Step 7 - Upload photo
This section shows you a preview of what your activity page will look like to customers
In the Online Listing Preview section, click the Upload Image button to add a promotional picture to your page
Select and upload the file.
- The file must be jpg or png format
- The photo looks best if sized at 1200x528 pixels before uploading
Step 8 - Upload File Attachments
In the Online Listing Attachments section, add any documents you want your parents to have access to. This could include:
- Daily Agenda
- Descriptions of particular activities
- Please note: All documents MUST be in PDF format, and must be less than 10Mb.
Step 9 - Session Times and Costs
Here you will be filling in details about your session times, and the prices for each session.
- See if your BASC category (Before care/Aftercare) is on the Sessions list, and activate it by clicking the box to the left of the session name.
- Enter the Session Name
- Enter the starting and finishing times
- Enter the session prices for regular and for casual attendances
- To add a new session, click the Create New Session button below the session name column, and fill in the details for the new session.
Step 10 - Attendance Limit
Enter the maximum number of attendees you want at your sessions here.
Step 11 - Setting your session dates
- In the Dates section, use the drop-down menu to select the term dates that you want to operate.
- To set custom dates, click the boxes under Date Period From and Date Period To to set your starting and ending dates.
- To include school holidays and public holidays, tick the box to the left of Include school and public holidays
- Select the days of the week on which you will be operating
- Click the Refresh Calendar button to the right of the days of the week.
- Go through the Day Confirmation section, unselecting the days where you won't be running
- Insert extra days if needed by scrolling down to the Insert Extra Day section.
- To add specific details about certain sessions, follow Step 12.
Step 12 - Specific Session Details
- Click on the cog in the Actions column of the session you want to add details to. This will open up an area to enter extra details. You can change:
- Prices for this particular session
- Attendee limit
- Start time and finish time
- Change the details as required
- Click the orange Update Sessions button on the bottom right-hand corner
Step 13 - Adding Additional Items
- Scrolling down further, you will see the Additional Items section. If you would like to offer additional items for customers to purchase, tick the box in this section.
- Add the name of the item you will be selling
- Enter the price of the item.
- Enter how many of this item will be available under the Total Available column.
Step 14 - Discounts
There are two types of discounts you can offer to customers:
- Earlybird Discount - If they book into your activity before a certain date.
- Multiple Bookings Discount - If they book multiple sessions in your activity.
- Customers who are eligible for both discounts will have their discounts added together as a single discount for their purchase
- Discounts are not applied to additional items
- Scrolling down further, you will see the Discounts section.
- If you would like to offer discounts for this activity, tick the box in the Discounts section.
- In the bottom right of the section, click the Add Discount button.
- Click on the drop-down menu to select the type of discount you want to offer. If you are selecting an Earlybird Discount continue to number 5. To provide a Multiple Bookings Discount, skip to step number 6.
- Select the Earlybird Discount option from the drop-down menu
- In the Discount Settings column, enter the end date of the Earlybird Discount.
- Further to the right, in the Discount column, enter the percentage discount you want to offer.
- Select the Multiple Bookings Discount option from the drop-down menu
- In the Discount Settings column, enter the number of bookings the customer needs to have to get the Multiple Bookings Discount.
- Further to the right, in the Discount column, enter the percentage discount you want to offer.
To remove a discount, click on the trashcan at the far-right end of the row.
Step 15 - Credit Card Payments
- Scroll down to the Booking Settings section.
- To make credit-card payments the ONLY available payment option, click the first YES/NO button so that YES is highlighted in green.
Step 16 - Booking Cut-off Time
- This is the time after which no more bookings can be made
- In the Booking Settings section, click on the first drop-down menu to select the time you want them to book before either on the day or the day before.
- Use the second drop-down menu to select whether the cut-off will be applied for each individual day or from the start of the activity onwards.
Step 17 - Waiting List
- Allows attendees to add themselves to a waiting list if the maximum number of allowed attendees has been reached for a particular session.
- The customers will then be booked in if an attendee cancels their booking and space becomes available for that session.
- To make the waiting list option available, click on the YES/NO button so the YES is highlighted green next to Add attendees to a waiting list.
Step 18 - Advanced Options
- Click on Show Advanced Options at the bottom of the Booking Settings section.
- To prevent attendees from changing their booking for a certain period of time, click on the YES/NO button so the YES is highlighted green.
- Click on Show Advanced Options.
- IF you want to ensure parents don't change their bookings for a certain period of time before an activity day, click YES on the YES/NO button next to prevent attendees from editing their existing bookings within a specific period
- Click on the first drop-down menu and change the rolling period to the time you want bookings to be confirmed by before each activity day.
- For example if the rolling period is 2 weeks, then for a particular day, bookings cannot be changed if the day is less than two weeks away.
- Click on the second drop-down menu and select when you want the rolling period to begin.
- If you would like the attendees to complete a Safety Form before attending, you can make this compulsory by clicking the next YES/NO button so the YES turns green.
- If you would like to take casual bookings as well as regular bookings, click the next YES/NO button so the NO is highlighted red.
Step 19 - Invoice Settings
- Click the drop-down menu to select how much time a customer will have to pay their bill once they've been invoiced.
- Where it says invoices are generated, use the first menu to select when you want parents to receive their invoice relative to the session. This must be in arrears(after the session)
- Use the second menu to select how often you want to generate your invoices.
- If you would like a deposit to be paid before the session, click YES on the YES/NO button so the YES is highlighted green.
- Click Show Advanced Options at the end of the Invoice Settings section. In the menu here you can select how detailed your invoices will be. There are two options:
- Group sessions together - your invoice will be concise and will contain the date period which the invoice covers, the number of sessions, and the total cost.
- Itemise each session - This will generate an invoice with each session on its separate date, with its individual cost, and a total at the end.
Step 20 - Subsidy Settings
- Scroll down to the Subsidy Settings section.
- If OSCAR subsidies are available for this activity, click the YES/NO button so the YES is green. If you are NOT using OSCAR subsidies, ensure the NO is red, and move onto the Publishing Settings section.
- To use the Enrolmy OSCAR Subsidy Reconciliation process, ensure the second YES/NO button is green on the YES.
- Use the drop-down menu just below to select the Subsidy account code.
Step 21 - Online Publishing Settings
- To enable customers to use the booking form to make bookings ensure the booking form is not hidden. The first YES/NO button should be red on the NO.
- To prevent any more bookings or enquiries from coming through for this activity, click the YES/NO button so the YES is green.
- To publish the activity online and enable customers to find your minisite, click the YES/NO button so the YES is green.
- Go to the bottom right-hand corner and click on the orange Save changes button.