- You have a Lessons and Classes activity in which the customer must book all sessions
- You want to give parents the option of trialing your activity before they book for the full term
- You have set up your Lessons and Classes activity with Enrolmy
- You have available space in your activity to accommodate free trial students
Set up free trials for your Lessons & Classes Activity
This guide covers:
- How to enable free trials
- What to expect when using the free trial option
What is a free trial and how does it work?
A free trial allows children who are new to the activity to attend one or two classes as a trial without paying. This can become a full booking if the child will continue with the activity.
There are two types of free trials:
- Completely free - customer will not be paying at all for the trial lessons
- No obligation free trial - customer will be charged for the trials if child continues with activity
As the provider, you can configure the following:
- What type of trial you would like to offer
- Whether the activity offers one or two trial sessions
- The maximum number of trial attendees that can be present in a class
How to set up your free trials
If you've already created your activity with Enrolmy
- Go to the Activities tab
- Click on the cog on the right-hand side of the activity you want to add free trials to.
- Click on Edit Settings.
- Scroll down to Booking Settings
- After the waiting list option, you will see the Free Trials option
- Click the YES/NO button so the YES is green next to Do you offer free trials?
- Fill in the details about your free trial options
- Tick the final box next to "Charge the customer for the trial... " if you want to offer a No-Obligation Free Trial.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the orange Save Changes button in the bottom-right corner.
If you are creating a new activity, see this article.
Please use steps 4 to 9 from above to complete the free trial setup.
What happens after the free trial?
Parents will receive an email after their free trial has concluded, inviting them to convert their booking from a
Free Trial booking into a Full Booking. If the parent chooses to make the booking a full booking then an
invoice will be made immediately for the parent.
This is what customers will see when they click on your minisite:
This is what a customer will see when they click to book into your activity:
This is what you will see in your booking calendar when a free trial has been booked:
Under the Booked In tab, you can see that they have booked a free trial.
The 2/12 next to it represents the date of the trial. In this example, it is December 2nd.
This is what a free trial will look like in your Booked In tab: