- You want to know how to generate a Credit Note.
- You want to refund a customer due to an unplanned absence, or a class change.
- You want to know how the credit note can be used to refund a customer.
You understand what a credit note is.
- You know the processes where Credit Notes are automatically generated in Enrolmy.
- You understand basic financial principles.
How to create and convert credit notes
This article covers:
- Generating credit notes.
- Refunding using credit notes.
- Applying Credit Notes to an invoice.
GENERATING MANUAL CREDIT NOTES
Once you generate a credit note, you have two options:
- Manually refund the credit to the customer.
- Apply the credit note to an invoice.
We will cover these two options. But first...
How to Generate a Credit Note
As Enrolmy generates Credit Notes for certain processes you will rarely need to manually generate them. But if you do.
- Navigate to the Money tab.
- Click the New Credit Note button in the top right area of the page.
- Fill in the details of this credit note.
- Click the orange Create Credit Note button at the bottom.
OPTION 1: REFUND USING THE CREDIT NOTE ONLY
- Navigate to the Drafts tab.
- Click the cog to the far right on the row of your credit note.
- Select Refund.
- Enter the information regarding the refund and process.
- You will see this now appear in the refund tab. No actual refund has taken place. This is a paper exercise that reflects what you have actually processed from your bank account.
- Sync with Xero and process the manual refund to the customer.
OPTION 2: APPLY CREDIT NOTE TO INVOICE
- Select your credit note using the tick box to the left of the row.
- Click the Apply to Invoice button.
- You will now see a list of invoices.
- Use the price boxes to allocate the credit to invoices of your choice.
You can split the credit between more than one invoice.