Xero Error - Chart of Accounts
This help doc will help you identify and rectify any issues causing a xero sync error, with notification of : Bank account status invalid for payment creation
"Bank account status invalid for payment creation"
You may encounter an error message relating to your xero sync stating the following: "Bank account status invalid for payment creation"
When you see this error message, this means that updated invoice statuses won't be able to flow through to Xero. Eg. The reconciliation of credit card payments.
So you will likely see different payment statuses inside Enrolmy and Xero for the same invoice.
To resolve this issue, firstly, please jump into Xero and double check that your current asset accounts all have"Enable payments to this account" ticked off"
In your chart of accounts inside Enrolmy...It is important that the assets account you have coded credit card payments too, has this button ticked off, If your credit card payment method is coded to the EMY-CCSUSS account then it should already be enabled.
However, if you have coded credit card payments to an account of your own choice then you will need to do this manually.
After following the above steps if this does not amend the errors you are seeing, and Xero states:
that this error message refers to archived bank accounts inside Xero, please check your archived bank accounts inside Xero,.
should and account be archived and you wish to reinstate this account, then please do the following:
1. Head into Enrolmy
2. Update your chart of account, in yoiur "PAYMENT METHODS" section, it should display the account as re-instated to code credit card payments too.
3. Backdate the Xero Sync to the same date you archived that bank account.
4. Launch a Xero Sync.
5. Check the latest invoice with credit card payments against it, and ensure that it matches in Enrolmy and Xero.
If you do not want to reinstate the archived bank account then you will need to do the following...
1. Update your Chart of Accounts in Enrolmy via (Settings > Xero Integration Area)
2. Re-code your payments to EMY-CCSUSS account or another ACTIVE assets account.
3. Back date your Xero Sync to when you archived your old assets account in xero.
3. Launch another Xero Sync.
5. Check the latest invoice with a credit card payment against it, matches in Enrolmy and Xero.
2. OR make sure that the "enable payments" has been ticked off.
Head into Enrolmy again,
1. Update your chart of accounts
2. Backdate the Xero Sync to June so all those credit card reconciliations will flow through to xero.
3. Launch a Xero Sync.
4. Check invoices in Xero to see that they match.