Setting up your Camp
Here's how to create your first Camp, you can then use this as a base template for future camps.
How to set up a Camp
1. Select 'Create and Activity' from within the Activity tab
2. Select the Camp Activity type
3. Enter the first day of camp and the number of days the camp will run
4. Enter all information about the camp, details about the activities which will display when live for parents to read and book
5. Move through the listing ensuring you add an appropriate photo which best describes your camp visually, you can also upload documents here which parents can see and download, you may wish to add a packing list of things to bring including clothing and food
6. Sessions and Costs
Select the camp session, you can also add on additional items that can be selected such as: Sleeping bag, Waterbottle, Waterproofs, these items could be anything in relation to the activity that the parent may need as an optional extra.
Take care and time adding this information as with all activities once bookings are made the activity is locked and will not allow you to make edits.
Always have someone check your listing before making it live
Sports / Camps: Start and finish time information
When creating your team sport or camp activity there is now a field to add important information about the start and finish times of the activity.
This is a free text field so you can customise the information anyway that you want.
It is a useful space to list start and finish times for practice sessions or drop off and pickup details for camps.
This information will appear on the activity booking form page and on booking confirmation emails to customers.
7. Enter all details regarding the camp:
Attendance limit, days, times, cost, etc.
8. Extra Questions:
In this section you may wish to ask detailed questions which are activity specific, it could relate to previous camps, experience, skills, fears etc.... once you check the box these populate and you can add to these and choose your answers
9. Settings - Proceed through the following Settings
Booking - This allows you to
- Close bookings at a certain time the previous day.
- Allows attendees to add themselves to a waiting list if the maximum number of allowed attendees has been reached.
- Prevents attendees from editing their existing bookings within a specified period? (Parents will still be able to add new dates to their booking.)
- Having attendees complete the Safety Form before attending nor not.
- All of these settings are toggled on and off, if you have any strange things happen on your bookings you did not expect, always check, your settings first before raising a potential system bug.
This area covers:
- The invoices due date
- When invoices are generated
- Pro rata feature, if you want the cost to be pro rata'd if bookings are made after the first day
This covers how you want the activity to display, from here you can
- Set to enquiry only rather than allowing to book (an email of interest is sent)
- You can also close off your activity entirely here if you do not wish to take further bookings
- Save your work, then your activity will be complete.
- Ensure you check all details before switching it on live, including how this views from the parent side, as an online listing