- You are taking Payments in Advance for your before and After School Care
- You are managing your finance through Xero
- You Sync with Xero
You understand the business rhythm when taking Payments in Advance.
You know how Enrolmy manages Payments in Advance.
You know how to use Xero proficiently.
How do prepayments work with Xero?
- The process for creating and processing prepayments is different when your Enrolmy account is connected with Xero.
- Please note, for this setup: In Xero, we use the Overpayments feature, instead of Prepayments due to Xero restrictions.
Follow these steps to use prepayments when your account is connected with Xero.
1. Generate the prepayment request as usual for the preselected period.
2. Email Repayment Request is automatically sent.
3. Parents pay as per usual.
4. Reconcile in Xero by saving Parent payments as Overpayments.
5. Reconciling attendance happens each day as normal.
6. Generate the invoices (WINZ is automatically applied to the invoice).
7. Sync with Xero and then apply the Overpayments to the invoices in Xero.
8. After syncing with Xero again, invoices are updated in Enrolmy.
There are three possible outcomes here.
- Outcome 1: the invoice is paid in full. If this is the case, read step 9.
- Outcome 2: There is still a balance to pay on the invoice. If this is the case, read step 10.
- Outcome 3: There is a balance left on the Overpayment. This can be used on a future invoice. If this is the case, read step 11.
9. A receipt can be sent to the parent from Xero.
10. Email the invoice to the parent.
11. This will only show in Xero. If you want to communicate this to parents, then you can send them a statement from Xero.
Awesome! You now know how to create and manage prepayments when your Enrolmy account is connected with Xero.