- You want to reconcile customer payments against invoices using Xero
- You understand the basic fundamentals of how to utilise Xero Accounting Software for your business.
- You have completed your Xero Integration with Enrolmy
- You have customer payments inside your Xero account that need to be reconciled against invoices
- You understand how the attendance and invoice reconciliation flow works for your activity type.
How to Reconcile Payments Against Invoices Using Xero & Enrolmy
1. Ensure that all draft credit notes and invoices that you are wanting to send to Xero have been approved.
2. Head the '+ tab and then the Xero Sync section in Enrolmy
3. Authorise access to your Xero Account and follow the prompts to Log in to Xero
4. Select 'Start Xero Sync' to send your Enrolmy generated invoices and credit notes to Xero
Now your Enrolmy generated invoices and credit notes will appear inside Xero!
5. Open another tab in your browser and Log in to Xero.
6. From the dashboard view, select to Reconcile your bank transactions
7. Now match your customer payments against their relevant invoices.
7a. You may need to record part-payments against invoices
7b. For part-payments, you must save the outstanding payment amount as a new transaction/overpayment.
8. If applicate - Allocate Enrolmy generated credit-notes against invoices in Xero too.
9. When your payment reconciliation has been completed in Enrolmy, then Log in to Enrolmy.
10. Head the '+ tab and then the Xero Sync section in Enrolmy
11, Authorise access to your Xero Account and follow the prompts to Log in to Xero
12. Select 'Start Xero Sync' to pull your updated invoices and credit notes back to Enrolmy.
13. Finally, email any outstanding balances out to parents.
Ta-da! Your reconciliation process has been completed!