- Your organisation uses Xero Accounting Software
- You want to set up and use Xero tracking codes in Enrolmy
You have undergone a Xero Introduction Course and understand these basic accounting principles.
You have prepared your sessions
- You have prepared your categories
- You have set up your account codes in Xero with payments enabled to them.
- You are familiar with tracking in Xero - Video
- You have setup account codes for WINZ Payments (only applicable for OSCAR Providers)
How To Setup Xero Tracking Codes, Inside Xero
1. Login to Xero and navigate to Accounting
2. Select Tracking Categories
3. Add or edit your regional tracking codes
4. Add your activity type tracking codes.
How To Add Xero Tracking Codes Into Enrolmy
Xero Tracking Codes are pulled directly from Xero into your Enrolmy Account. Therefore, every time tracking codes are created or edited in Xero, you will need to update your Enrolmy Chart of Accounts. To do this,
1. Navigate to your Organisation Settings
2. Click Xero Integration
3. Select “Update Chart of Accounts”
How To Assign Your Regional Tracking Code Inside Enrolmy
Ensure that every line item on a new invoice or credit note that is associated with an activity at this venue, will have this tracking code assigned.
Navigate to Settings, click Venues
Select the desired venue and click Edit
Scroll to the “Xero tracking option” field and select your tracking code for that venue
Click “Save Venue”
How To Assign Your Activity Tracking Codes Inside Enrolmy
Ensure that every line item for this session type on an invoice or credit note will have this tracking code assigned.
Navigate to Settings, click Session Pricing
Select your session and Edit
Find the “Xero tracking option” field and select the appropriate tracking code for this activity session.
Click “Save Changes”
How To Assign A Xero Tracking Code To A Registration Booking Item Or Additional Item
Ensure that every line item for this additional item on an invoice or credit note will have this tracking code assigned.
Navigate to Settings, click Additional Items (or Registration Pricing)
Select your item and Edit
Find the “Xero tracking option” field and select your tracking code.
Click “Save Changes”
Sync with Xero
Finally, launch a Xero sync from Enrolmy once you have assigned your tracking codes in Enrolmy, to ensure the tracking codes are working correctly.
Congratulations! You know how to setup and use Xero Tracking Codes in Enrolmy
Q: Will my old invoices (prior to setting up the tracking codes) now show the xero tracking coding?
A: Invoices and credit notes generated from the date that you setup the Xero Tracking Codes in Enrolmy, will have the Xero Tracking Codes applied. However all invoices and credit notes generated prior to this date, will not.