You want to understand how the Xero and Enrolmy integration works
- You want to find out why applied prepayments are not displaying inside your Enrolmy account on invoices.
- You want to troubleshoot some balance discrepancies you are seeing inside Enrolmy and Xero.
- You understand basic accounting principles
- You are a proficient user of Xero
- You understand how to apply payments against invoices inside Xero.
Xero Payment Types & Enrolmy Integration
The Enrolmy and Xero Integration enables your Enrolmy-generated invoices to automatically send to Xero. Every time you reconcile within Xero and then complete a Xero Sync, your Enrolmy invoices will update with applied payments. There are certain types of payments that can be recognised through the Xero Sync, and other types of payments that are not acknowledged in the integration.
Recognised Xero Payments
If you reconcile an invoice inside Xero with the three payment types identified below, then these will successfully update the invoice status inside Enrolmy accordingly.
- Direct payments
- Credit Notes
Unrecognised Xero Payments
If you reconcile an invoice inside Xero with the payment type identified below, then these invoices will not update the invoice status inside Enrolmy accordingly. You will see that the invoice inside Xero has been paid or part-paid, and the invoice inside Enrolmy will have no payments applied.
How to Reconcile With Un-recognised Xero Payments
To ensure that your revenue recognition report is accurate, we advise that you convert the prepayment into an overpayment process. Please see how to do that here.