- You have an active Stripe Connect account through Enrolmy
- You want to recognise what payments are from your Enrolmy activities in your bank account
- You want to know how to reconcile credit card payments in your bank account.
- You understand how to track credit card payments inside Enrolmy
How To Recognise Credit Card Payments
- Credit/debit card payments will appear in your bank account as a lump sum.
- The lump-sum total may be a collation of a few days worth of payments.
- The reference for credit/debit card payments that you will see in your account will always be received from payee Enrolmy, Stripe or Stripe Payments.
How To Reconcile Credit Card Payments
Enrolmy will automatically mark off your invoices as paid if the customer paid online via credit/debit card. This means that you just need to reconcile the cash in your bank account.
- If you are using Xero, Enrolmy would have created a credit card suspense (EMY-CCSUSS) account. You should code your credit card payments there.
- If you do not use Xero, or if you have a different revenue/assets account then please code your credit card payments there.
Note; Our example below shows reconciliation steps for a Xero Account user and credit card suspense account code.
1. Login to Enrolmy and complete a xero sync
2. Login to Xero and head to the reconciliations tab
3. Find a received payment from payee Stripe, Stripe Payments or Enrolmy.
4. In the reconciliations box next to the payment, select Create
5. In the Who field; type Stripe
6. In the What field; type EMY-CCSUS
7. In the Why fieldl type; Enrolmy credit/debit payment
8. Select Ok to reconcile the cash.