You want to setup your before & afterschool care programme
- You want to understand how a section on the before & afterschool care activity settings works.
You run before & afterschool programme/s
- You have decided upon your session pricing and times for this term.
- You have decided which discount structure you may want to use.
- You have decided which invoicing rhythm you are going to implement.
Before & After School Care Setup Essentials
Jump to activity setup sections below; or start from scratch to understand the activity form details like the back of your hand!
BASC Activity Form Details
How To Create A New Activity
Go to the Activities tab in the top navigation bar
In the top right-hand corner under the blue border, select the Create an Activity button
Go to the first option - Before and After School Care, and click the orange Select button
Click the orange Let's Go button at the bottom of the page.
Activity Form Details
- Choose your venue from the second drop-down menu.
- If your venue is not there, click the Create new venue button to the right.
- This will take you to another page, where you will fill in the details of your venue.
- Once you save this venue, it will appear in the Choose your venue drop-down menu.
- Select the staff who will be at the activity from the next drop-down menu.
- Select your type of attendees:
- Children (their parents will make the bookings) OR
- Adults/young adults (will make bookings themselves)
Activity Name & Age Range
1. Fill in your activity name
2. Select the age range of your attendees from the drop-down menu.
- If you want to set a different age range you can do so by typing the From age and To age into the boxes provided to the right.
- You will by default have a flexible starting age. This means that children who will become the starting age four months after the activity starts will be allowed to enroll in your activity.
- To be strict about the starting age (children cannot enroll if they are not yet the starting age), select the Strict starting age option.
- If you would like to base this on school year level rather than age, select the Specify by school year box.
- If your location may be difficult to navigate to, you will need to provide your customers with directions.
- Click on Show Advanced Options
- Type in the directions for your customers to follow to arrive at the exact location of the activity.
- This is the description of your programme that your customers will see if they click on your activity.
- You want to use this as a marketing tool to attract customers.
- In the first text box, write a concise summary of your activity. This will be displayed in customers' search results.
- In the bigger text box underneath, write a more detailed description of your activity. This will be seen on your activity page when a customer clicks on your activity.
What To Bring
In the What to bring section, list items that you want your attendees to bring.
- E.g. Water bottle, food, goggles, togs, etc
- You can write more than one item in one bar
- You can write in full sentences
1. To add another item, click the Add another item button
- You can have up to 5 bullet points here
2. Click Show Advanced Options
Write what your attendees need to wear to your activity
- Shoes, sunhat, jacket, etc.
- You can have a maximum of three bullet points here
3. In the Highlights section, write down the selling points of your programme.
- You can have up to three points for your highlights
- If you wish to delete an item from one of the lists, simply click the trashcan button on the right-hand side of the bar.
1. If you have important information that you need everyone to read you can provide it here (for example, information about bus routes).
2. This message will display prominently in a red Important Information alert box immediately above the booking form.
Activity Tile Header Image
This section shows you a preview of what your activity page will look like to customers
1. In the Online Listing Preview section, click the Upload Image button to add a promotional picture to your page
2. Select and upload the file.
- The file must be jpg or png format
- The photo looks best if sized at 1200x528 pixels before uploading
In the Online Listing Attachments section, add any documents you want your parents to have access to. This could include:
- Daily Agenda
- Descriptions of particular activities
- Please note: All documents MUST be in PDF format, and must be less than 10Mb.
Session Times & Costs
Here you will be filling in details about your session times, and the prices for each session.
- See if your BASC category (Before care/Aftercare) is on the Sessions list, and activate it by clicking the box to the left of the session name.
- Enter the Session Name
- Enter the Session Limit
- Enter the starting and finishing times
- Enter the session prices for regular and for casual attendances
- To add a new session, click the Create New Session button below the session name column, and fill in the details for the new session.
Activity Calendar & Session Dates
- In the Dates section, use the drop-down menu to select the term dates that you want to operate.
- To set custom dates, click the boxes under Date Period From and Date Period To to set your starting and ending dates.
- To include school holidays and public holidays, tick the box to the left of Include school and public holidays
- Select the days of the week on which you will be operating
- Click the Refresh Calendar button to the right of the days of the week.
- Go through the Day Confirmation section, unselecting the days where you won't be running
- Insert extra days if needed by scrolling down to the Insert Extra Day section.
Specific Date & Session Details
- Click on the cog in the Actions column of the session you want to add details to. This will open up an area to altar specific session details. Changes made here only impact the one day. You can change:
- Prices for this particular session
- Attendee limit
- Start time and finish time
- Change the details as required
- Click the orange Update Sessions button on the bottom right-hand corner
- Scrolling down further, you will see the Additional Items section. If you would like to offer additional items for customers to purchase, tick the box in this section.
- Add the name of the item you will be selling
- Enter the price of the item.
- Enter how many of these items will be available under the Total Available column.
There are three types of discounts you can offer to customers:
- Promo codes - discussed here
- Earlybird Discount - If they book into your activity before a certain date (discussed below)
- Multiple Bookings Discount - If they book multiple sessions in your activity (discussed below)
- More details on discounts are discussed here: Activity Discounts & How They Apply
- Discounts are not applied to additional items
- Scrolling down further, you will see the Discounts section.
- If you would like to offer discounts for this activity, tick the box in the Discounts section.
- In the bottom right of the section, click the Add Discount button.
- Click on the drop-down menu to select the type of discount you want to offer. If you are selecting an Earlybird Discount continue to number 5. To provide a Multiple Bookings Discount, skip to step number 6.
- Select the Earlybird Discount option from the drop-down menu
- In the Discount Settings column, enter the end date of the Earlybird Discount.
- Further to the right, in the Discount column, enter the percentage discount you want to offer.
- Select the Multiple Bookings Discount option from the drop-down menu
- In the Discount Settings column, enter the number of bookings the customer needs to have to get the Multiple Bookings Discount.
- Further to the right, in the Discount column, enter the percentage discount you want to offer
- To remove a discount, click on the trashcan at the far-right end of the row.
Booking Cut-Off Time
- This is the time after which no more bookings can be made
- In the Booking Settings section, click on the first drop-down menu to select the time you want them to book before either on the day or the day before.
- Use the second drop-down menu to select whether the cut-off will be applied for each individual day or from the start of the activity onwards.
Booking Waiting List
- Allows attendees to add themselves to a waiting list if the maximum number of allowed attendees has been reached for a particular session.
- The customers will then be booked in if an attendee cancels their booking and space becomes available for that session.
- To make the waiting list option available, click on the YES/NO button so the YES is highlighted green next to Add attendees to a waiting list.
Booking Restriction Settings & Advanced Options
- Click on Show Advanced Options at the bottom of the Booking Settings section.
- To prevent attendees from changing their booking for a certain period of time, click on the YES/NO button so the YES is highlighted green.
- Click on Show Advanced Options.
- IF you want to ensure parents don't change their bookings for a certain period of time before an activity day, click YES on the YES/NO button next to prevent attendees from editing their existing bookings within a specific period
- Click on the first drop-down menu and change the rolling period to the time you want bookings to be confirmed by before each activity day.
- For example if the rolling period is 2 weeks, then for a particular day, bookings cannot be changed if the day is less than two weeks away.
- Click on the second drop-down menu and select when you want the rolling period to begin.
- If you would like the attendees to complete a Safety Form before attending, you can make this compulsory by clicking the next YES/NO button so the YES turns green.
- If you would like to take casual bookings as well as regular bookings, click the next YES/NO button so the NO is highlighted red.
Option 1: Invoice in Arrears
The invoicing in arrears option is best for you to choose if you want your families to attend your programme first, and then charge them for what they attended afterwards. You will be asked to set an invoicing rhythm, this means;
1. How frequently you will invoice (weekly, fortnightly, every four weeks, every five weeks)
2. You may want your customers to pay in advance via Prepayment Deposit Requests. A prepayment request is an email that is sent to a customer requesting they pay for their booked hours in advance. However the invoice for what the child attended will still be generated after the programme has run. Please see how prepayments work here - Prepayment requests - What are they?
Please note that a Prepayment Deposit Request is an invitation to pay a deposit upfront based on the parent's current booking. Please utilise Invoice in Advance invoicing rhythm if you require invoices to be sent and paid in advance.
Option 2: Invoice in Advance
The invoicing in advance rhythm is best for you to utilise if you wish for your parents to pay for their initial term booking upfront. An invoice will be generated as soon as the parent makes their child/ren's first booking/s. Any changes made to the bookings will create credit notes or invoices depending on the attendance of the child/ren throughout the term.
- Invoices will be generated upfront for the entire booking
- Booking changes will be managed with adjustment items
- This rhythm is ideal if bookings do not change during term
Please review this Help Guide before choosing your invoicing rhythm!
Other Invoice Settings
1. Click the drop-down menu next to Invoice Due Date to select how much time a customer will have to pay their bill once they've been invoiced.
2. You can make paying by credit card the only available payment option (if enabled in the Settings section). If payment is not received within two hours of the booking being made then the booking will be automatically deleted.
3. Click Show Advanced Options at the end of the Invoice Settings section. In the menu here you can select how detailed your invoices will be. There are two options:
- Group sessions together - your invoice will be concise and will contain the date period which the invoice covers, the number of sessions, and the total cost.
- Itemise each session - This will generate an invoice with each session on its separate date, with its individual cost, and a total at the end.
4. Choose the Xero tracking option (if Xero integration is enabled)
- Scroll down to the Subsidy Settings section.
- If OSCAR subsidies are available for this activity, click the YES/NO button so the YES is green. If you are NOT using OSCAR subsidies, ensure the NO is red, and move onto the Publishing Settings section.
- To use the Enrolmy OSCAR Subsidy Reconciliation process, ensure the second YES/NO button is green on the YES.
- Use the drop-down menu just below to select the Subsidy account code.
Online Publishing Settings
- To enable customers to use the booking form to make bookings ensure the booking form is not hidden. The first YES/NO button should be red on the NO.
- To prevent any more bookings or enquiries from coming through for this activity, click the YES/NO button so the YES is green.
- To publish the activity online and enable customers to find your minisite, click the YES/NO button so the YES is green.
- Go to the bottom right-hand corner and click on the orange Save changes button.
Awesome! Now you should understand how to create a before & after school care activity type on Enrolmy.