- You want to understand how dynamic revenue reports work.
- You want to see a report of all invoices and credit notes that took place during a set month and what your revenue is, based on that activity.
- You want to understand the difference between a dynamic and managed revenue report.
You have read and understood the Financial Reports help guide
You are one of the head administrators of your Enrolmy Account.
- You are proficient with accounting principles
- You have run/are running activities on Enrolmy that are being invoiced
Why Run A Dynamic Revenue Report
You may want to see a report of all invoices and credit notes that took place during a set month and what your revenue is, based on that activity.
Report Type Overview
It is possible to generate and save automated monthly financial reports in Enrolmy.
- This report displays invoices, provisional invoices, and credit notes created for activities that took place during the specified month.
- Payments received during the specified month period are not reflected in these report types.
- Draft invoices and credit note are NOT calculated in the reports
What Are Provisional Invoices
Provisional invoices reflect prepayment requests sent. Provisional invoices are included in the dynamic report to enable to you estimate future invoicing. If you are a provider who runs a before & after school care activity that takes prepayments, and invoices weekly or fortnightly. We suggest you exclude the provisional invoices total from your report calculations. This is because Enrolmy will count your prepayment request and the invoice. This could essentially double up your invoices + provisional invoices calculations.
The Difference Between Dynamic & Managed Revenue Reports
The Dynamic Revenue Recognition report will change dynamically as data is updated within Enrolmy, for example;
- At the end of March, a report for the month is generated and saved.
- But at the beginning of April, a staff member realizes they have not invoiced for a week of their programmes that ran during March. ie. if running a before & after school care programme in arrears, and a week of the programme that runs in March has not yet been invoiced.
- When the invoices for the March activity are generated, this will automatically modify the saved March report.
- The newly generated invoices will be shown on the updated March report, and the report will differ in total from the previously saved report.
If you do not want to use a report that can change historically over time then you should use the Managed Revenue Recognition Report.
Elements of the Dynamic Report
1. Invoices and credit notes are represented by their line items and credit note line items.
- In the example below, you can see that INV-ED001567 is highlighted twice on the report. This is because there were two line items on the invoice itself. The report breaks down each line item.
2. The line items are aligned by the period for which they are for (when the activity ran, or the booking was for) as opposed to the date they were created. For example; an invoice for an October holiday programme was created when the parent booked in August, will display on the October Revenue Recognition Report as this is the month when the activity ran.
You may notice that the report has a weighting calculation column. Where the period of the invoice/ credit note extends across two or more months a weighting calculation is made. The total value of the line item will be proportioned equally across all months covered by the period on the invoice/credit note.
1. For example, you can see that the invoicing period for IN-ED001467 begins in January 2021 and ends in October 2021.
2. The total value of the one to one coaching 10 pack test child line item = $650.00
3. However the dynamic revenue report has calculated that $69.64 is to be 'allocated' towards the report for the month of June. Instead of the total $650.00 worth of that line item.
Other things to know;
- The weighting calculation is not made based on the date the parent booked, rather the date the activity is running
- The “weighting” calculation is the “number of days for invoice in report month divided by the total number of days for the entire invoice period”. This “weighting” value is then multiplied by the total value of the invoice for the “weighted total” value.
Weighting Calculations Chart
How To Save A Dynamic Report
To generate and save your dynamic report for future review, follow the steps below.
1. Within the Dynamic Reports section, select the month you want to generate a dynamic report for.
2. Scroll to the top of the report and select Save Report.
3. Select Reports List to find your saved dynamic revenue report
4. The Existing Reports tab will host all your saved dynamic and managed revenue reports.
Awesome! Now have a go at running your own Dynamic Revenue Report! Please let us know what other kinds of questions you have about the dynamic revenue report in the comments.