You have a customer who paid for their activity on Enrolmy by credit/debit card payment. You now want to process a credit/debit card refund for this customer and need to know how to do so
This document assumes the following:
You have cancelled the customers booking appropriately
A credit note exists for this customer booking cancellation
You have checked that this customer paid by credit/debit card on Enrolmy.
How To Process A Stripe Credit/Debit Card Refund
If your customers have paid by credit/debit card via Enrolmy for their activities then it is possible for the customer to receive a refund directly to their card. You should also know the following;
The billpayer will receive the total amount that they paid on Enrolmy. This will include their activity fee + credit card transaction fee.
The refund will be coming directly from your organisation's Stripe Account balance, not your organisation's bank account.
The Enrolmy Support Team needs to liaise with Stripe to actually trigger the refund.
The refund can take within up to ten working days to appear in the billpayers account once the Enrolmy Team has triggered it through Stripe.
Stripe Refund Process
1. Within your Enrolmy Account, select the Question Mark icon.
2. Select Go to Enrolmy Knowledge Base
3. Within the Enrolmy Knowledge base, select Contact Enrolmy Support.
4. Within your query submission, enter the required information, and please detail the following within the description field.
The billpayers full name
The child's full name.
The Credit Note number.
Confirmation of the total refund amount.
5. Complete the rest of the required information on the form submission and select Submit
Great! Enrolmy will now contact you to confirm that the refund to the billpayer has been triggered.